Report Says Heights Has Near Average Work Commute [Interactive Map]
According to the U.S. Census Report, it takes Hasbrouck Heights commuters 27.1 minutes to reach their place of employment.
- March 7, 2013
How long would you say your commute to work takes?
According to a report published by WNYC.org using figures from the U.S. Census Bureau, it takes Hasbrouck Heights commuters about 27.1 minutes to get to their place of employment.
The average travel time to work in the United States is 25.4 minutes, according to the report which includes an interactive map where one can view the average commute time per zip code. View the attached map to see how the commute from Hasbrouck Heights compares with other areas.
WNYC identifies areas where commuters take more than 90 minutes to get to work travelling 50 miles or more, which they call "mega commuters."
According to the U.S. Census report, the average times were based on four ways of getting to and form work: driving alone, carpooling, public transportation and or bicycling and walking.
See More on Patch
- High School SAT Scores Across Bergen County [Interactive Map]
- Heights Scores Above Peer Average on SATs, Report Says
- Top March News Includes Brutal Assault of Heights Man, Police Promotion Law
- Heights School Budget, Home Value Report and Snow in Top Local News
- Report: Hasbrouck Heights Average Home-Sale Prices Drop