Halloween Parties For Everyone This Weekend
Looking for something to do with a date, or with the family? Check out these options.
Halloween weekend kicks off Friday with many events in the area, both for families and adults-only. Check out these nearby events happening this weekend.
All Grown-Up Halloween Weekend
Want to leave the kids home one night this weekend? Check out these opportunities for the 21-and-over crowd to dress up and celebrate All Hallows' Eve. Know of a party spot not on the list? Add it in the comments.
- The Illusions Night Club at the Sheraton Mahwah Hotel is hosting its 12th Annual Halloween Bash Saturday starting at 9 p.m. For patrons 25 and up, this party has a $10 cover charge, complimentary buffet, music, dancing and a costume contest.
- The Second Annual Sgt. Christopher R. Hrbek Halloween Party is scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 29 from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. at the Park Ridge Elks Lodge. Last year's event drew 185 people. The event remembers Marine Sgt. Hrbek of Westwood who died in January 2010 in Afghanistan. Halloween was his favorite holiday. The money raised will benefit the Pathway to Excellence project at the Westwood Jr./Sr. High School courtyard, which honors alumni. Hrbek graduated from the school. The cost to attend the party is a $50 donation per person, which includes food, beer and wine. Only individuals 21 and older are permitted to attend. Attendees must wear a costume and there will be a $500 grand prize awarded during the night. Music will be provided by DJ (and Councilman) Bill Phayre. Tickets must be purchased in advance. To buy them, contact Beau Hodges at 201-376-1130 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Party at the new “Tavern on the Mountain Restaurant” in Vernon, NJ this Saturday. This is the first big event for the restaurant and bar, The night will include costume prizes, a big dance floor, pool tables, beer pong, a free buffet, drink specials and more. The restaurant is located at 44 Breakneck Road in Vernon, and doors open at 7 p.m.
Family Fun For Halloween Weekend
Looking for somewhere fun and festive to go with the family this Halloween weekend? Check out the following options. If you know of any others happening in the area, share them in the comments!
- If your kids are 8 and older, try the Midnight Manor House in Allendale. Put on by the Saddle River Youth Theater Teen Repertory, your family can tour the manor, while the ghoulish “Midnight” roams the house searching for an unlucky bride, this Friday and Saturday night. Tickets are $18 for adults and $14 for children, and need to be reserved (some time slots are already sold out). Tickets can be reserved at 201-825-8805 or email@example.com.
- Ramsey Nursery is turning into the “Greenhouse of Gore” this weekend, as a “fertilizer experiment” has gone horribly wrong. Families can stop by for a walk through with 15 undead zombies to interact with, food and drink. Admission is $3.50. Call 201-483-9595 for more information.
- Head to Tons of Toys in Wyckoff at 11 a.m. Saturday for a Halloween Party and Costume Contest. Kids can stop by to see their d=favorite characters, grab giveaways, and snack on refreshments.
- The Washington Township Knights of Columbus have a Halloween Extravaganza scheduled for Friday, Oct. 28 from 7:30 to 11:30 p.m. at the council hall, 79 Pascack Road, Washington Township. Prizes will be awarded for the best individual costume, best couple's costume and the best table or group costume. The cost per person is $50. Tickets can be purchased at the Knights Members' Room weekdays between 3:30 and 6:30 p.m. Proceeds will benefit local Knights charities. For more information, call John Pimpinella at 973-670-9482 or John Brunelli at 201-248-0558.