How To Get to NYC for the St. Patrick's Day Parade
NJ Transit is offering extra rail and bus routes to Manhattan Saturday
If you are heading to NYC this Saturday for the St. Patrick’s Day parade, be sure to plan your travel route early.
In anticipation of the crowds headed to Manhattan, NJ Transit announced it will offer extra bus service from Bergen County to NYC on Saturday.
No. 163 Local & Turnpike Express (Ridgewood-New York)
- Additional local service inbound from Hackensack (Summit Ave. and Essex St.) to New York from 8:10 a.m. until 12:55 p.m. operating via the Boulevard in Hasbrouck Heights/Wood-Ridge/East Rutherford.
- Additional local service outbound from New York to Paramus (Arcola) operating via the Boulevard in Hasbrouck Heights/Wood-Ridge and Hackensack from 6 p.m. until 11 p.m.
No. 168 Turnpike Express (Paramus-New York)
- Additional Turnpike Express (T) service inbound from Paramus (Farview and Ridgewood avenues) to New York from 8:45 a.m. until 9:45 a.m. operating via Hackensack & Ridgefield Park
No. 165 Turnpike Express (Westwood-New York)
- Additional Turnpike Express (T) service inbound from Oradell (Kinderkermack Road & Church Street) to New York from 7:25 a.m. until 8:45 a.m. operating via Hackensack.
No. 166 Local & Turnpike Express (Cresskill-Bergenfield-New York)
- Additional Turnpike Express (T) service inbound from Englewood (Van Nostrand and Grand avenues) to New York operating between 8:05 a.m. until 11:22 a.m.
- Additional local service outbound from New York to Dumont (Madison & Washington avenues) from 3:45 p.m. until 11:40 p.m. operating via Boulevard East.
- Additional Turnpike Express (T) service outbound from New York to Bergenfield RR Station from 4:35 p.m. until 8:40 p.m.
No. 191 (Willowbrook-Little Falls-New York)
- Additional local inbound service from Allwood Park & Ride to New York via Lyndhurst from 8:45 a.m. until 11:50 a.m.
- Additional local outbound service from New York to Willowbrook via Lyndhurst & Allwood Park & Ride from 4:55 p.m. until 6:55 p.m.
- Allwood Park & Ride customers should also see routes 192 &195 for additional trips operating between Allwood Park & Ride and New York throughout the day.
Some things to remember before you board:
- The Family Super Saver Fare allows up to two children ages 5-11 to ride free with a fare-paying adult every weekend, from 7 p.m. Friday through 6 a.m. Monday. Kids under 5 ride free at all times.
- Alcoholic beverages will not be permitted on any train to and from New York/Hoboken on March 16. Beverages of any kind are prohibited at all times on board buses.
- NJ Transit advises travelers to allow for extra time and plan ahead. Traffic congestion during the morning period and early to mid-afternoon hours before and after the parade may affect bus travel times to New York City. Customers should plan accordingly. Extra bus service will operate a few minutes ahead of regularly scheduled trips on the routes listed above. Customers should arrive at their bus boarding location 10 minutes earlier than the departure time. Congestion in NYC should also be factored in when planning your trip.