The Bergen County Division of Senior Services Advisory Council Education Committee in partnership with the Caregiver Coalition of Bergen County will hold a conference that will provide information, support and guidance to family members, friends and professionals who provide care for loved ones and neighbors.
The event is scheduled to be held on Thursday, Oct. 17, from 5-9 p.m. at the Bergen County Administration Building in the Freeholders Public Meeting Room on the fifth floor of One Bergen County Plaza in Hackensack.
Among the professionals scheduled to make presentations and the topics to be discussed:
- Michael Manna, elder law attorney: “Legal Issues Every Caregiver Should Know.”
- Mariam George, Bergen Aging & Disability Resource Connection-Division of Senior Services: “Obtaining services through the County-Information & Assistance.”
- Sheila Shur, care manager, Bergen Family Center: “Obtaining Services Through the County—Arranging Care Management.”
- Anna Marie Borreca, Board of Social Services: “Obtaining Services Through the County—Putting Services in Place.”
- The organization “Compassion and Choices” will discuss how to speak with loved ones.
Information tables, exhibits and free parking will be provided, according to county officials.
For more information please call Eleanor Contreras at 201-336-7416