Hasbrouck Heights police and fire officials came to the aid of a woman who was burned in a cooking accident Sunday afternoon.
The woman, whose name was not released, sustained burns to her face, arms and chest and was taken to Hackensack University Medical Center. The severity of the woman's injuries were not known, according to a NorthJersey.com report.
First Assistant Fire Chief Pat Hayes told Patch Monday he did not have an update on the woman's condition.
Three police officers and one fire captain stomped out the grease fire in the Ottawa Avenue home Sunday, according to NorthJersey.com. The kitchen suffered some fire damage and some smoke damage in other parts of the house, the report stated.