It may be awhile longer before the community learns what may become of the old Sylvester’s Restaurant property on Terrace Avenue.
An application to subdivide the property was by the Planning Board Thursday night however the application was withdrawn earlier this week, said Chairman Henry Dobelaar.
The board’s attorney Andrew Rotolo explained it was determined that the application needs to be reviewed by the Zoning Board, not the Planning Board. He explained that because the property falls into two zones, one of which is single-family, it must be reveiwed by the Zoning Board.
Rotolo said the applicant would need to resubmit to the Zoning Board.
Rotolo told a number of residents who attended the Thursday night meeting to hear the plans that those that live within 200 feet of the property will be notified once again if an application is to be heard by the Zoning Board.
The Sylvester’s property has been vacant for a number of years. The former restaurant building, which now shows visible wear and tear, still stands at the site.
The site had been by the Planning Board last spring during its master plan re-examination.