- Borough Hall, Hasbrouck Heights public schools and the Free Public Library of Hasbrouck Heights will be closed Monday for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Good day to ponder freedom, equality and the dignity of each and every human being we encounter.
- The Hasbrouck Heights Collaborative Parents Committee is a parent-organized group that provides support, advocacy, and education for parents and caregivers of students with special needs. The group meets Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. at the Hasbrouck Heights High School-Middle School Media Center, 365 Boulevard.
- Mayor Rose Heck and the Hasbrouck Heights Borough Council hold their second regular meeting of the month Tuesday night. No agenda has been released in advance as of press time. The gathering takes place at p.m. at Borough Hall, 320 Boulevard.
- If you're a local senior, get out and get active with weekly events offered by the Hasbrouck Heights Recreation Department. Line Dancing is offered Tuesdays from 10-11:30 a.m. An Advanced Chair Yoga class is held Tuesdays from 2-3 p.m. Senior Paced Aerobics is on the schedule for Wednesdays from 2-3 p.m. Another opportunity to stretch comes Thursdays from 2-3 p.m. when Senior Yoga is offered. And on Friday, the Recreation Department offers Movie Day, which screens a free film at 1 p.m. There is a $1 charge per class for these events, with the notable exception of Movie Day, which is free of charge to area seniors. For more info and the name of each week's free film screening title, call 201 288-4143 for weekly titles. All activities take place at the Hasbrouck Heights Senior Center, 320 Boulevard.
- The Hasbrouck Heights Board of Education meets this Thursday. The school board first gathers at 6 p.m. for a work session, and its regular public session follows at 7:30 p.m. The meeting takes place at the HS/MS Media Center.
- A reminder from Hasbrouck Heights Public Schools: Kindergarten registration for the 2014-15 school year will be held Tuesday, Jan. 28 from 2-4 p.m. and Thursday, Jan. 30 from 5-8 p.m. in the Hasbrouck Heights MSHS Media Center. The kindergarten program is a full-day program, 8:30 a.m. until 3:08 p.m. Get more info here.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something